BAM - You Wouldn't Understand

I wrote this little ditty, what I like to call my 1st rap bars, after my daughter and I had a writing exercise (her idea not mine) were we practiced writing with our non-dominant hand. I am left handed and she is right handed. I know it probably won't make sense to any one because it doesn't even make sense to me but it got the reaction I wanted from my dear daughter which is her asking as she smiles and shakes her head - "Mom, what is wrong with you?"  This is sometimes her way of laughing and it brings me joy.

So... I wrote a little rap you wanna hear it? Hear it goes anyway.

$3000 for a violin bow- BAM - you wouldn't understand
Left handed playing clarinet in da band - BAM - you wouldn't understand
Hot dogs and spam - BAM - you wouldn't understand
Hot sauce on collard greens and black-eyed peas
Yeah girl yeah
BAM you wouldn't understand.

I am unavailable for live performances due to my lack of social skills and tremendous stage fright but feel free to use this at your next even.  No credit to me is necessary.

Comments

Popular Posts