Selfish - Rude

Why does it seem like no one has any patience anymore? Why does everything have to be immediate and no one thinks about anyone but themselves? I expect this type of behavior from children but not adults. 

Everything where I work is 1st come 1st serve. If you walk in and see all the computers are full(this may require you to pay attention to your surroundings) then why do you ask me if there are any available computers? If I tell you that you need to make a reservation and that you will be given a piece of paper with the computer number reserved for you and the time you can get on, why then do you think you can just sit at any computer right now? What has happened to people? They don't read, they don't pay attention to any signs and then when they do something wrong it is my fault or the computer's fault. Neither I nor the computer controls what buttons you push plus guess what, the computer is not real and cannot think for itself, it only follows your commands.

I have people that come in everyday with the same issues, they just need to print something out real quick or they just need to check and email real quick. So they don't feel like they should have to wait. What ever they are doing is far more important than the 30 other people that are currently on a computer and the 20 other people who are waiting patiently. 

One lady comes in every other day and sits at the same computer because it is an express computer and she does not want to wait. I have told her every time that those are one of our older computers and that they run slower than the newer ones but she sits there anyway and then complains about how slow it is. Today she was trying to get some information from her "schools" website and the site was freezing up. So I check some other sites on another TAB next to the one her school site is open on. all the other websites I go to work just fine. So I inform her that because other websites are working fine that there is something wrong with the website she is using. She starts smacking the desk saying that she has never had this problem before and she just needs to write something down  - LIAR - she has the same issue everyday.  So I tell her that if the website has a lot of traffic that can slow it down. I offer to move her to another computer but she keeps ranting about the time she has already lost. She doesn't want to hear anything I have to say or shall I say she doesn't want to accept it so I walk away.

Why do people think we can control other company's websites? If the website has a message that it is under maintenance or for whatever reason is not working, what can I do?



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts